TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 210
  • Total: 210

A Visitor with a very Snappy Attitude!

Started by Ken., August 19, 2015, 06:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

We have a visitor with a very Snappy Attitude!

While doing some work in our garage I noticed some movement in our parking area, so I investigated and it turns out that our visitor is a Chelydra serpentina, also know as a Snapping Turtle. This little guy lived up to his name very well because while standing close to him he followed my foot around, trying to give me a little nip!  :o

I loaded him up in the wheelbarrow and took him out back, near the small stream on the back side of our property, hopefully he likes it there. When loading him up I used a shovel, didn't want to pick him up with my hands of course... he was biting the crap out of the shovel.

In the parking area:

Out back, headed for the stream:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

G6Cad

hahaha, so qute :D
Here in Seden, we have blackants, and killer snails that puts terror in our homes and gardens. Impossible to get rid of too

Freddy

We had a snapper turtle at a place where I once worked - it was the most hostile and unfriendly animal I have ever met.  ;D

lurkalot

Kind of glad we don't have these little critters wandering around here tbh.  :o

IchBin

We have what is called the Desert Tortoise here. I think it's still on the endangered species list. There have been job sites (one that I worked on many years ago) that were shutdown because they didn't want to disturb them...

I've seen one snapping turtle in my life when I was in Illinois. Definitely not something I wanted my fingers near. lol