TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,881
  • Latest: fords8
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,096
  • Total Topics: 21,211
  • Online today: 71
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38

Any plans on making TinyPortal ready for SMF 2.1?

Started by @rjen, January 01, 2016, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illori

in TPassimilate.php

find

function tpAddProfileMenu(&$profile_areas)
{
global $txt;

change to

function tpAddProfileMenu(&$profile_areas)
{
global $txt, $context;

@rjen

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

VladTepes

Old thread yes, but probably the right one.

Looking here it appears that TP development to prepare for SMF2.1 are continuing?

illori

it is at a stand still right now, but it works as far as i know with the current SMF 2.1 beta

VladTepes

Where can I grab the TP2.0 beta from, to try running on my SMF2.1 test forum ?

@rjen

Grom github. Checkout the start of this topic: it has all instructions there already

@rjen

Maybe not the best place to mention this, but I will leave the message here as well: the fix applied to make TP1.2R3 working with PHP version 7.1 also needs to be applied to the code for TP 2.0. I applied the same fixes here and now my 2.1 beta 3 forum also works on PHP 7.1

McFly

Just installed the last github-repos of SMF 2.1 (beta 4!) and TP.  :)

Got a general error "8192: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; chain has a deprecated constructor" in TPSubs.php line 539.

And the Database-Error on "Home":
QuoteExpression #9 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'smf21.a.id_attach' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
File: /var/www/testserver/Projekte/smf2.1/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 1624

Server is running PHP7/FPM... I think I have to read all threads about PHP7...  ;D

EDIT:
Fixed the database error and an error on adding articels by changing sql_mode(s).
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."

Testsites (may be online or not ;-) )
ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.1.2 FPM/FastCGI, MariaDB 10.5.12

lurkalot

Quote from: Mc Fly on July 22, 2017, 08:09:40 AM
Just installed the last github-repos of SMF 2.1 (beta 4!) and TP.  :)

Got a general error "8192: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; chain has a deprecated constructor" in TPSubs.php line 539.

And the Database-Error on "Home":
QuoteExpression #9 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'smf21.a.id_attach' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
File: /var/www/testserver/Projekte/smf2.1/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 1624

Server is running PHP7/FPM... I think I have to read all threads about PHP7...  ;D

EDIT:
Fixed the database error and an error on adding articels by changing sql_mode(s).

There's a few php 7 compatibility fixes here, https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35895.0 although they are for TP 1.3 they should work for TP2 which is what you're trying out.  Hope this helps.