TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 118

EU Cookie Consent

Started by lurkalot, September 12, 2015, 06:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

What Cookie Consent does:

It is designed to help you comply with the hideous EU Cookie Law. There's no guarantee that using this will make you a hundred percent compliant, you'll have to check that out on a per site basis.

Adding to a Tinyportal block. visit https://silktide.com/tools/cookie-consent/ Click the download button, and that will bring you to their Cookie Consent building wizard.  Just follow the steps, you can edit the address to the cookie policy at any time, so just put a temp one in if necessary. Same goes for the layouts, these can also be changed afterwards.  grab the code and put it in a HTML block

TP Block Settings:
Block Type: HTML
Do not use title/frame styles
Do not allow block to collapse

If however you don't have a portal mod installed, and you want to add it to SMF, then I've attached a mod to help you. Just install t via the package manager.

How to use it after installing.

Go to Admin > Modification Settngs > Miscellaneous:
1: Enter the address to your Cookie Policy in the appropriate text field: (Note: You will need to
create one and manually upload it to your server). The Cookie warning will not show until you enter the address, or some text into this box .
2: Setting for different layouts, plus light and dark versions to suite the look of your site.
3: Custom text for the cookie consent bar.

Credits: A big thank you to Illori, who went above and beyond the call of duty to help build this mod.

Any further info about Cookie Consent can be found here, https://silktide.com/tools/cookie-consent/

Updated version attached. Version 1.1

Reference this info, https://silktide.com/really-important-update-to-users-of-cookie-consent-2/

Ken.

Great code tip!  O0
Thanks Mick and Illori, it works great.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ken. on September 12, 2015, 10:34:41 PM
Great code tip!  O0
Thanks Mick and Illori, it works great.

Thanks Ken. I see you used the portal block method to add it. Looks like you missed this step;

"Do not use title/frame styles"   ;)

Actually I'm not sure if you need to add the cookie consent at all, the law is pretty sketchy at best. If you do, then you would also need a cookie policy. Which is the other step you missed.

Ken.

Turned it off for now, until it's set up correctly on my site.  :)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

lurkalot

Quote from: Ken. on September 13, 2015, 01:12:05 PM
Turned it off for now, until it's set up correctly on my site.  :)

Ken. if you use the little mod I attached to the first post, it'll make it easier to customise, and add stuff like the address to your cookie policy (I used a article for this).  Plus you can edit all of the text for the various parts, and the layout. All without getting your hands dirty.  :D

Ken.

OK, I'll give it a go with the Mod.  O0

lurkalot

Updated version attached to first post. Version 1.1

lurkalot

Quote from: lurkalot on December 31, 2015, 02:07:50 PM
Updated version attached to first post. Version 1.1

Seems to install and work on SMF 2.1 as well. Emulating 2.0.xx of course. ;)http://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

illori

you should not need to emulate. SMF 2.1 has "smart" emulation that should do it for you.

lurkalot

Quote from: illori on February 29, 2016, 09:46:33 PM
you should not need to emulate. SMF 2.1 has "smart" emulation that should do it for you.

Illori, it did indeed.  ;)  I should have said that slightly better than I did.