TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Mobile Online SMF 2

Started by rickey29, October 27, 2013, 11:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickey29

All,

I develop a mobile theme for SMF2: "--removed by ichbin--", then go to "Mobile Online SMF2" section.  I would like to hear your feedback.

Mobile Online SMF2(MOSMF2) is a mobile friendly SMF2 theme proxy.  It sends SMF2 data to FlexPlat and receives mobile friendly web pages from it.

FlexPlat is a mobile web Transcoding/Transforming proxy for Content Adaptation.  It is a service platform, it converts desktop web pages into mobile friendly ones.

Any comments are welcome.

Rickey

ZarPrime

I am not entirely sure what, if anything, this has to do with TinyPortal Modules, the board you have posted to, or even just TinyPortal as a whole.  In fact, the OP of this topic almost sounds like it is either spam or your effort to promote your product.  Therefore, for now, it will be moved to the Chit Chat board since that is a more appropriate location for it, for now.  After further discussion with the TinyPortal Team, we may even be forced to remove this topic entirely since it really has nothing to do with TinyPortal.

As a matter of fact, I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do to test your software.  Am I supposed to access your site with a smartphone, something I don't even have, in order to see it in action and thus test it, or am I missing the purpose of your post?
* ZarPrime is scratching his head

ZarPrime

IchBin

Looks like he's just trying to advertise his software. From my understand you have to install and use something that requires their service. It passes your site data through their proxy and then returns your data in a mobile friendly format. If you go over a certain usage each month, then they want you to purchase a premium service.

It would be nice if people asked if they could advertise this stuff. Since they didn't have the courtesy, I'm not going to allow them the free advert on our site. Removing reference links.

ZarPrime

Thank you Ichbin.  I just wasn't quite sure what to do with this.  The software sounds like something that would be nice if it works, but I certainly wouldn't be willing to pay some premium price for something like this, especially since SMF already works quite well on smartphone and tablet browsers, from what little experience I've had with them.

ZarPrime