TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 110
  • Total: 110

[RESOLVED] [TP Shoutbox 1.2R] Put bubble on same line as avatar/username?

Started by mythus, March 17, 2017, 06:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythus

Greetings,

I am using the shoutbox in a bottom block instead of a side block. I was wondering if it was possible to move the bubble so that it was on the same line as the avatar and username? I like the bubble look, but having it on a separate line is taking more space than needed for a full width shoutbox.

I've dug around in the css and template files and am not sure what I'd change in there or if this is even possible.

Thanks in advance!

lurkalot

Quote from: mythus on March 17, 2017, 06:15:39 PM
Greetings,

I am using the shoutbox in a bottom block instead of a side block. I was wondering if it was possible to move the bubble so that it was on the same line as the avatar and username? I like the bubble look, but having it on a separate line is taking more space than needed for a full width shoutbox.

I've dug around in the css and template files and am not sure what I'd change in there or if this is even possible.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I'm not a coder so won't be much help I'm afraid.  Hopefully someone with the relevant skills will come along and help you with this, assuming you haven't worked it out yourself by then.

mythus

I went ahead and marked the topic resolved. I never could get the look I wanted to work right. I instead replaced the shoutbox with a SMF shoutbox mod that works well enough without the wasted space. Sadly it lacks the bubbles and the avatars, but it is inline and the autorefresh is more transparent. Thanks though!