TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 324
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 333
  • Total: 333

smf 2.0 whats the progress?

Started by 888mafia, November 09, 2009, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

888mafia

whats the progress on a version of TP that will work on SMF 2.0 that will be public

IchBin

There is progress. When it'll be out, we cannot answer for Bloc's free time.

888mafia

IM Excited about  its potential  release

markym

me too! I love TP and sure understand Bloc has a lot on his plate. SMF 2.0 RC has many features I miss though so this will be huge when TP can work with that version of SMF.

Thanks for your hard work guys!

brianjw

I also can't wait until TinyPortal comes out for 2.0. I recently just got back into the SMF game and after toying around with other separate portals, I remembered TinyPortal is and has always been the better functioning and looking portal.

Hopefully soon!
Brianjw

Lesmond

Look down below ^-^ ;)

QuoteTinyPortal v1.0 beta5 by Bloc
Powered by SMF 2.0 RC2

Nolt

I think TP 1.0 b5 is very close now, am I right ? :)

bloc

It is, but there some major issues left yet. While minor bugs don't need to hold it up, those others needs resolving first.

brianjw

Quote from: Bloc on November 21, 2009, 10:24:18 PM
It is, but there some major issues left yet. While minor bugs don't need to hold it up, those others needs resolving first.
That's awesome to hear. So, we're looking at a before the holidays release?

mc

Thanks for the update on progress Bloc. Always good to hear how things are progressing.

Brian, Bloc (or any other member of the TP team) will never commit to a timescale, as other things inevitably get in the way.
For example, my own current major project is about 4 weeks behind where I was hoping it to be, due to having a couple coding issues which took longer than planned to find a solution, then having to spend a week on and off patching/recovering a server to have it totally die. Then having to spend the past week getting everything restored from back-ups, and working out numerous issues caused by some files being corrupted.
I'm only now, just back at a point where I can get back to concentrating on my project.

brianjw

Quote from: mc on November 22, 2009, 12:37:27 AM
Brian, Bloc (or any other member of the TP team) will never commit to a timescale, as other things inevitably get in the way.
Well, I know, and have known this for the few years I've been here. But it sounds like TP is ready for release except for the one or two bugs Bloc was discussing. Either way, I was trying to sneak some type of time frame because I have a site on a time frame. I guess that was my bad, lol.

G6Cad

Quote from: brianjw on November 22, 2009, 02:29:11 AM
Quote from: mc on November 22, 2009, 12:37:27 AM
Well, I know, and have known this for the few years I've been here. But it sounds like TP is ready for release except for the one or two bugs Bloc was discussing. Either way, I was trying to sneak some type of time frame because I have a site on a time frame. I guess that was my bad, lol.

Few years yes, and you still havent learned a thing regarding how things qork here and still ask these questions you allready know the answer to.
We STILL remember how things went with you the last time, learn and live on Brian..

brianjw

Quote from: G6 on November 22, 2009, 08:44:19 AM

Few years yes, and you still havent learned a thing regarding how things qork here and still ask these questions you allready know the answer to.
We STILL remember how things went with you the last time, learn and live on Brian..

G6, whenever I post on anything you always seem to complain about it. The post was intended to be more of a joke then an ask for the actual date as noticed right here:
Quote from: brianjwEither way, I was trying to sneak some type of time frame

GhostRider2110

I only care about a "When it is Ready" release... hehehe  Keep up the great work!!!!

--Mitch
Mitchell Baker AMA 7548 GSWA WB251 10th AF USSMA 358
Webmaster Terre Haute R/C Club http://www.thrcc.org
US Scale Master Midwest Region Manager http://www.ussma-midwest.org
Proud member of the 1/8th Air Force http://www.oneeighthairforce.org
CoffeeCup Software Ambassador Get 20% Off

noxe

Keep up the good work TP Team, just letting you know one more eager webmaster is holding back from going 2.0 RC2 because of beta 5, here's hoping TP Team will treat us soon and kick off 2010 right ;) ;)

SN

Me to, i really want to upgrade to RC2, but i need a portal and TP is the only one that offered everything i need.

To make the time pass i have created my custom theme for RC2 now im all set to go im just waiting on TP! :p

what is the progress with beta 5 like?