TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 101
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74

Shoutbox layout - how do you change it?

Started by MrBiggz, October 11, 2010, 04:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBiggz

Hi!

This is what I got:

SMF: 1.1.11
Tinyportal: 1.0 beta 5-1
Theme: Blueskies by Bloc
URL: theparc.handlersspot.net
Test login: TestAcct p/w testIt4912
Other mods: Aeva media, Ultimate profile

Shoutbox is running the width of the lower panel.  With the shouts on top and the input box below.  How hard it is to get it to share the width with the input box on the left and the shouts on the right?

Next thing is the shout text bubble.  Shouldn't that be above the avatar?  Can that be moved?

And one more silly question!  Why does it go to the forum page when I click the Shout button? One would think it would say there to see the shout appear.

I'd do it myself if I could!

Thanks for your help!

ZarPrime

Hi MrBiggz,

Quote from: MrBiggz on October 11, 2010, 04:53:08 PM
Shoutbox is running the width of the lower panel.  With the shouts on top and the input box below.  How hard it is to get it to share the width with the input box on the left and the shouts on the right?

Not easily done.  You'd have to edit the the Simple Shoutbox module (basically rewrite the code) in order to accomplish this.

Next thing is the shout text bubble.  Shouldn't that be above the avatar?  Can that be moved?

Sure, you could make this change but then again, you'd have to edit the files and the next time you upgraded, you'd have to do it again.  FWIW, look at the Shoutbox bubble.  Do you see how there is a small arrow pointing up from the bubble?  Well, it's not really an arrow but I guess you could call it that.  It's pointing up at the Avatar on the left and the member's name on the right.  That's how it was designed.  If you don't understand what I'm talking about, tell me and I'll take a screenshot and some notations to point out what I mean.

And one more silly question!  Why does it go to the forum page when I click the Shout button? One would think it would say there to see the shout appear.

Well, there really isn't any silly questions but ...

This was an issue in the first version of TP that had this Shoutbox, which is probably the version you have installed.  This has now been fixed in the latest version.  Uninstall TP 1.0 beta 5-1 and install the latest version (TP 1.0 RC1) to fix this issue.

ZarPrime