TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:49:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92

Plans for TinyPortal and SMF 2.1 ?

Started by VladTepes, April 05, 2017, 02:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

I've been playing with SMF 2.1 and as per previous versions it is fairly similar in that it needs a portal of some sort to make it "work" nicely for members (and the rest of us)

Obviously there is no date for a production release but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens later this year.

I was wondering if TP has been doing any behind the scenes work as far as 2.1 compatibility is concerned?

I don't doubt there are a number of significant challenges, not the least of which is that 2.1 is still "evolving"

My plan would be to wait until the production version of SMF 2.1 has been released for say three months to iron out any remaining bugs, then upgrade my forum.

Obviously though I will need a portal solution available.  My concern is that if TP isn't ready but others (perhaps SP?) happen to be, then TP will get left behind.

Conversely is TP is ready with a good solution from 'day one' then it could see a resurgence of TP's popularity.

Basically just wondering what is happening on this front from a TP development point of view?

Thanks.

@rjen

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

VladTepes

:uglystupid2:  I did a search too.  Perhaps IO need to sharpen my search skills....  ::)

Thanks mate.