TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:19:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 256
  • Total: 256

[Feature Request] Option to return to edited article

Started by mythus, April 04, 2017, 04:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythus

I have a feature request, the option to return to edited article instead of to the edit screen.

So many times I forget to open the edit article screen in a new tab meaning I'll need to go and look for that article again just to see it in its completed state after being edited. Yes, there is a preview function, but still, it would be so nice to be able to simply return to the actual edited article after the editing is done.

This should be optional in case you don't wish to go back to the edited article yet. Maybe a "Save and Close" button to close the editor and go to the article with a "Save and Continue" to save your work in progress yet keep the editor open? I believe that such would make the article (and possibly the editing block) function of TP all the better.

allvip

Quote from: mythus on April 04, 2017, 04:32:02 PM
I have a feature request, the option to return to edited article instead of to the edit screen.

Yes, there is a preview function, but still, it would be so nice to be able to simply return to the actual edited article after the editing is done.

The preview function is not actually a preview.
I don't know why is called preview.
A preview is to see how it will look before saving it but all it does is to take you to the article page.

Yes, it adds at the end of the link ;tpreview (index.php?page=2;tpreview) but is the article page with a pointless ;tpreview at the end that does not work or do something.

The page loaded is actually the real article (index.php?page=2) page not a preview page.
Is not a preview.
That link should be called "go to the article page" not preview and ;tpreview to be removed from the link.

If you don't click save before preview the preview link will show no changes because all it does is to take you to the article page.
Once again is not a preview.

The preview link is kind of an error in TP.