TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 138
  • Total: 138

HTML Hint 4 those new 2 SMF

Started by maxx, March 05, 2012, 04:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

OK,

Say you want to add a n HTML post that uses divisions and or tables in that post or article, or you just to maintain the same article format

After you toggle the bbc/toggle.gif ..to insert HTML code, you should always use the html and /html "[" "]" start and end tags and place that html  code inside these tags ... I have attached screen example of what I getting at below:

So all your html tags will be place in between those brackets that are PHP in nature shown above.with html and /html in them.

If you then hit preview, you will see if you have done this correctly... if so them click on POST!

hope this helps!
Edit spelling.. old eyes can't see anymore... sorry guys!

regards,
Maxx

But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

IchBin

Just so you know, [html][/html] tags can only be used by admins.

Maxx1

Yes Thanks 4 pointing this out... kinda glad also :)

They did at one time have a mod to allowed HTML to be done a while back but some had run into big troubles with it and the DB tables. If I not mistaken!

regards,
maxx

ZarPrime

HTML in forum posts, as well as other locations is really a security issue.  This is why only Admins can do it.

ZarPrime

Maxx1

Yes this what I was thinking also, I guess I should have Direct this post to admins only but figured most here had their own site or wanted to start one. But in any case maybe they will get the idea how to do it for their sites, The BBC kinda of limited and I guess, the security is one reason why but there are some things that, they could use Like undo and redo and possibly label the toggle view to an HTML icon ( 4 the admin that is)!

regards,
Maxx

Freddy

It's useful for sure - sometimes one of my members tries to post videos from Viddler and they don't always pick up via Aeva, so I use the HTML tags.  Worth knowing :)