TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108

Permission issue, I'm not able to authorize my members to watch blocks

Started by MartiMedia, May 16, 2017, 01:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartiMedia

Link to my site: https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/index.php
SMF version: SMF ver. 2.0.14
TP version: TP ver. 1.2
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Default
Browser Name and Version: Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
Mods installed: A lot, I will specify if needed
Related Error messages: None

Hi, I'm using TP for a while (excellent mod, thanks for sharing it with the world!)
Unfortunately I cannot manage to authorize my members to watch blocks.
My guests can see the TP Blocks, Admins and Mods can see it, but logged in members don't see it and there seems to be no way in the block settings to select 'regular members'. (However I can select guests, admins, mods). I'm probably missing something really obvious, my apologies. Does anyone have a suggestion/hint for me how to achieve that?
Cheers, Mart.

lurkalot

Hi Mart, and welcome to TP support.

I have to go do my day job now, so can't be of any help until I return.  But what blocks should the regular members be seeing exactly.  Can you post a couple screenshots so we can compare the guest view to logged members view please.

illori

if you go to admin TP -> block access if you check ungrouped members for each block you want visible does that resolve the issue?

MartiMedia

Hi @illori and @lurkalot , omg I was searching yesterday and in the meantime I found out what the problem was. The testuser I was using was member of a group, that (as you can guess) had no rights to view the blocks I wanted them to be able to see. Stupid me.. Thanks for reaching your hands, but case closed.. Sorry!

lurkalot

Absolutely no need to apologise, just glad you got it sorted out.  ;) Thanks for letting us know.