TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 336
  • Total: 336

Power Cut

Started by lurkalot, July 04, 2015, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Been without power for the last twelve hours, it's jut come back on and it's 11.30PM.  :knuppel2:

Ken.

Not a fun way to spend the afternoon and evening... glad you have your power back on Mick.  O0
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

WillyP

That sucks, was there a storm?

lurkalot

Quote from: Ken. on July 05, 2015, 10:47:28 PM
Not a fun way to spend the afternoon and evening... glad you have your power back on Mick.  O0

No it wasn't lol.. no telly, no internet. and we're in the middle of a heat wave here in the UK,(that's a mere 30 degrees to you guys) so no fans running. Trouble is the weather changes so quickly we don't have time to get used to it.  It'll be cold next week. :D 

Quote from: WillyP on July 06, 2015, 04:14:01 PM
That sucks, was there a storm?

Well, we did have thunder and lightning the night before, but it was a underground cable that failed, about 50 yards away.  So the pavement is dug up now, and they haven't come back to fill it in yet. :)

IchBin

Always fun to lose power... My kids thought it was awesome a while ago when our power went out. It was actually nice to unplug from the virtual world for a while. We broke out some candles and it was pretty relaxing.

Am experiencing that unplug again since on Friday I decided to take my cell phone for a swim in the pool. lol Going to the store to get a new phone hopefully tonight.

lurkalot

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 06, 2015, 10:26:58 PM
Always fun to lose power... My kids thought it was awesome a while ago when our power went out. It was actually nice to unplug from the virtual world for a while. We broke out some candles and it was pretty relaxing.

I guess it was quite relaxing, just not having anything to cool down with was hitting a nerve.  ;)

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 06, 2015, 10:26:58 PM

Am experiencing that unplug again since on Friday I decided to take my cell phone for a swim in the pool. lol Going to the store to get a new phone hopefully tonight.

oops, :P they don't like water do they.  Easy to forget the thing is in your pocket.  So you upgrading, or going with the same?

WillyP

Yea, we lose power here nearly every winter, though usually only for a short time.

Last winter we had lost it for a week or so, I have a small generator, just big enough to run the fridge or the coffee maker, or a small space heater, but not more than one at a time. We listened to some books on tape on my laptop, so it was nice to charge that also.

IchBin

Quote from: lurkalot on July 07, 2015, 08:33:34 AM
oops, :P they don't like water do they.  Easy to forget the thing is in your pocket.  So you upgrading, or going with the same?

Stayed with the same iphone6. Luckily I realized I had bought the apple care insurance. Which I only had to pay like $79 to get a new one. :)

Didn't think about not having air conditioning. That could be bad. That's one of the nice things about living in a rambler in Utah though. The basement is always much cooler than the main level. If the AC goes out, the basement generally stays in the 70's if not cooler.

lurkalot

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 08, 2015, 10:53:02 PM

Stayed with the same iphone6. Luckily I realized I had bought the apple care insurance. Which I only had to pay like $79 to get a new one. :)

8) Can't be bad, you did right there on the insurance, nice one. I should have taken out something like this, my Son's iPhone 5 (which we pay for)is almost wrecked beyond belief. lol..

Air con.  Well we don't really have any n our house, just fans, but they normally suffice at our UK temperatures.  Do like the air con in the car though.  ;) 

IchBin

What's your temps over there Mick? Fans would not do for this sissy boy. lol We had a hot spell last week that kept us in the 100F's for a few days. I was crying all week. I keep my house at a cool 70F (21-22C I think) most of the summer.