TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 166
  • Total: 166

Pc in a memoery stick

Started by bloc, June 29, 2015, 11:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Anyone actually tried the new PC-on-a-stick from Lenovo?

It seems crazy that a small thing like that will be able to show anything at all lol...but I quite like the idea of it. Much better than Chromecast IMHO, since the computer is stuck right into the TV itself.

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/desktops/ideacentre/stick-300/

lurkalot

That's neat. I can't believe what they can cram into such a small device these days, simply amazing.

Just imagine the size of the computers half that spec twenty years ago.  :D

Ken.

Interesting concept.  O0
It will be fun to track it's progress... wonder how much it will cost?
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

bloc

In Norway is rumoured to cost around 800,- kroner, thats about $110 USD I think. Though it will probably wary a lot.

Ken.

If it turns out to be close to that price, then that's not a unreasonable price if it works OK and you have need for such an item.

Doing a Google shows that there are several companies getting into this market, including one with a stated price of $99 for a Windows 10 version. We all may end up with one of these thingies.  ^-^
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

G6Cad

Björn, jag har någonting liknande i lastbilen. Istället för att ha en stor dator eller tung bärbar dator med sig i väskan har man bara stickan som man pluggar in i lastbilens monitor som har usb. Är linux ubuntu på stickan och den är på 128gb. Det räcker för att ha det nödvändiga som mail, facebook, gps, film, musik mm på :)

bloc

Jepp, jeg har sett noen som har kommet med Linux :) Her er det nye at den fra Lenovo skal være en fullverdig windows 10 pc - og det er jo noe lol.