TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

JangForum - Pakistan

Started by Qayyom, December 28, 2010, 06:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qayyom

GENERAL
Site Name: JangForum Pakistan
Site URL: http://www.jangforum.com
Site Owner: Qayyom Ashraf
Site Designer: Qayyom Ashraf
Theme Designer: Qayyom Ashraf
Site Genre: Discussion Forum & Community Portal

INTRODUCTION
A Pakistan base Discussion Forum with some extra features like Arcade | Quran Flash | Listen, Translate Quran Online | Live TV Channels | Urdu Newspapers | Qiblah Locator | Photo Gallery and much more...

It's Article feature helped me a lot to add Live-TV channels and some other things at my site. I think there was no any other plug-in, mods e.g. I've found to fulfill my lots of requirements, but only with TP I've added anything (LiveTV, Newspapers, Privacy Policy ...etc) to my SMF based site. 

Likes: It's flexibilities to add anything with own customization.

Dislikes: I want to add long / large pages, more data in one article but I think it has limitations, like my Newspapers' Index Page not allow me to add even one more line of some more newspapers....  :-\  If possible how?

WillyP

You could categorize the newspapers, perhaps geographically, politically, or whatever is relevant in your country, and make the categories separate articles.  For example, here in the US, I would put all newspapers of each state in each article.  So have articles named 'New Hampshire Newspapers',  'Massachusetts Newspapers', 'Maine Newspapers' etc...  Think of what categories would be useful to your members.

Qayyom

Thanks Dear 'WillyP'

- May I see your newspapers' page...if yes please tell me it's URL.

- I'll work as you suggest, Thanks Again.

WillyP

You are welcome!

I don't have a newspaper page, it was just a suggestion in response to your question.

Qayyom