TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117

BlocZone Theme?

Started by loveacrossborders, January 11, 2005, 05:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loveacrossborders

Hi Bloc and everyone,

I run a non-profit site from Thailand.

I was testing out the different themes that you have setup to this board. I really like the Bloc Theme a lot, but I can't find it anywhere to download. I think that I'm just most impressed with the top menu and the banner.

I don't want to "copy" the Bloc Zone per say. I'd just like integrate a menu similar to the one in the Bloc Zone theme and change the banner.

Shaun :)

Bjørn

I am not releasing this theme at this time, because its meant for this site...but the concept can be used elsewhere of course.

However, I am quite busy at the moment and already have 2 free themes in the works, but not like the BlocZone theme I am afraid. I may do it later on though.

tanakkas

Hey Bloc! Very clean theme I like it!  ;D You da man!

Bar Nuthin

a very nice theme Bloc  :o
congrats

Seth_too

I love this clean theme as well, great work.  Very professional looking :D

bd2003

Your themes just keep getting better and better...  ;D

This one's nice and clean - simple. Perfect name for it.

I'm still very interested in the BlocZone theme, tho - sorry to hear you've shelved it, but I understand. There's only so much time in the day...

Bjørn

Thanks. :)

I have some plans for the Bloczone theme, it will maybe be a showcase for the portal mod. Showing off its capabiliities.

AJ™

Hi Bloc!

First of all I want to say; awesome theme. Really awesome.
I had a question though; Can I turn off the ability for users to choose the color of the theme?

Thanks a million,

AJ

Bjørn

Yes, you can turn it off in the admin section - current theme settings. There you can set the color-changer to hidden.

AJ™

...DOH!

I feel really stupid now.

Thanks. :)

Hockeypuck

The front page Recent Posts does not seem to be working in SMF 1.0.1.

I know the theme wasn't designed for this version, so don't feel like I'm demanding, but do you know of a fix for this?

I love your theme, the rest of my site is completely text based, and I like matching it.

Bjørn

Make sure you set a number greater than 0 in "Number of recent posts to display on board index:" located in admin - current theme settings.

Hockeypuck

Ah ha. Can't believe I missed that. Thanks so much Bloc!

sudden

can i have this site 'default theme' please

very beautiful.. great work!

Bjørn

Its only for this site, I am afraid.

redone

Bloc has many excellent "free" themes! I agree its a nice theme though.

sudden

Quote from: Bloc on May 26, 2005, 04:03:11 PM
Its only for this site, I am afraid.

:(

can i have something similar to this (maybe different color.. dark version at least.. heh)

:( :(

pleaseeeeeee

Bjørn

I will probably make more themes like this later on, but right now its not on my to-do list.

sudden

why TP need a different theme set? can it just use the SMF theme for the portal page?

i have to learn how to make themes..

:)

Bjørn

It can..but then the blocks won't be visible then... ;)

The extra lines that are needed is just to make those visible, and make the portal decide the whole width etc.

sudden

what are those extra lines?

is it difficult to add those 'extra lines (for portal blocks)' in SMF theme?

Bjørn

No , its not too hard.. look in the tinyportal.mod file and scroll down to when it starts on index.template.php.

Basically you get by with adding the include of TPortalBlocks.template.php and adding the extra <td>'s to have columns to show left,right and centerblock. They do that in the <table> that starts just at the end of template_main_above() and just at the start template_main_below.

Then there is the adding of 2 new buttons , one to "take-over" the forum start page, since now "home" goes to the portal startpage, and one for the TinyPortal admin part.Done in template_menu , also in index.template.php.

I wanted to keep TPadmin separate from usual admin, to have a clear difference between the 2. Also, with added modules in the future, the admin section would be overcrowded if I were to put TP stuff in there as well.