TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 88
  • Total: 89
  • illori

All templates, 2.0.10 SMF

Started by darkangel, May 14, 2015, 09:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkangel

On this one site only I have updated SMF to 2.0.10 with TP 1.0.7

using this to stop promote in Sources/TPortal.php:

// are we on search page? then add TP search options as well!
if($context['TPortal']['action'] == 'search')
$context['template_layers'][] = 'TPsearch';
}
/* // choosing topics for frontpage
    if(!empty($_GET['topic']) && empty($_GET['action']))
    {
        if(allowedTo(array('tp_settings')))
            $context['template_layers'][] = 'tpfrontpagetopics';
    } */

It is still showing up on all templates including default SMF one but, unllike the other forums it does not float it above the reply and others it appends it to the very end of those buttons at both the top an bottom of the list of posts

How do I get it to go away, I know only the admin see it but at this forum we have some helpers that have admin privileges.

link: http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php

I also look for it in the tp-style.css, in case there was a place to display: none;

Oh yes, I forgot to say, I also removed the code totally and saved the file and it is still there.
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes

IchBin

You cannot possibly remove the code and have something still be there. lol Either your changes didn't make it to the server, or something is happening that doesn't allow the changes to take effect. Code change looks fine to me.

darkangel

Well it gives the Query.php file error, I manually did the code which I did in all other 4 that I have done so far...but this one is the only one that this is happening on.

I can't tell you what is going on and it is so strange trust me, I know if the code is gone the "thing" for that code is gone...LOL

I will try again.

Freddy

Do you use a CDN like CloudFlare or something that might be caching the pages ?

darkangel

nope nothing to cache cept browser which:

1. deleted cache, cookies, bookmarks quit FF, google, safari on both mac and pc ---- still there the button is when I came back

2. did all of the above, quit browser, quit computer, rebooted comps and still there when I go back to site

3. did the above again. flushed dns from both comps, shutdown comps, rebooted and still there they are

4. again above and turned off comp for the night and guess what-------still there

Site and/or comps are haunted...LOL

I am going right now to copy a pristine file, manually edit in the comments again and see if maybe that will help.

darkangel

OK, I finaly was able to log in to ftp again...seems host was having issues today.

Anyway, I renamed the TPortal.php to TPortal.phpnotgood, tried going to the site and got a white page...no shock. Reuploaded a fresh one with the comments in place and now the promote is not showing.

No idea what was wrong with the file at all.

I think the Twilight Zone has left for the duration, I hope.