TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 201
  • Total: 202
  • illori

Help changing frontpage layout

Started by Theopt, April 03, 2014, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theopt

I've been trying to find a way to change the frontpage articles layout to something thats not the defaults one. I want the picture + article but I want them devided by 4 sections (for 4 categories). I've been trying to make a custom layout but I can't get the code for the picture.

Thanks in advance.

ZarPrime

Hello Theopt,

Welcome to the TinyPortal Support Site.

Could you Please read the Posting Guidelines and supply the information requested in that topic, specifically the information requested in the posting template at the bottom ...

[b]Link to my forum:[/b] http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/
[b]SMF version:[/b] SMF ver. here
[b]TP version:[/b] TP ver. here
[b]Default Forum Language:[/b] Your Default Forum Language here
[b]Theme name and version:[/b] Theme name here
[b]Browser Name and Version: [/b] Browser name/version here
[b]Mods installed:[/b] Mods listed here
[b]Related Error messages:[/b] Error message here

In addition, I'm not sure what you mean by ...

Quote from: Theopt on April 03, 2014, 05:15:28 PM
I want the picture + article but I want them devided by 4 sections (for 4 categories). I've been trying to make a custom layout but I can't get the code for the picture.

Could you give us some sort of screenshot with a mockup of what you are trying to do.  I'm having trouble picturing what you are trying to do. ;) If we could see that, it would be easier for one of us to help you.

Thanks in Advance,
ZarPrime

Theopt

Link to my forum: http://refreshed.strifehq.com/index.php
SMF version: SMF ver. 2.0
TP version: TP ver. here
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: buhthc
Browser Name and Version: Chrome
Mods installed: Mods listed here
Related Error messages: Error message here

I want to list the articles like in cloth5.com. basicly divided by categories in blocks

lurkalot

Even after looking at that site. I'm still not sure what you're asking for tbh. 

Got a better example please? A screenshot marking out the required parts, or a sketch perhaps. Followed by a description of exactly what you need would be helpful to all.  ;)

Maxx1

I'm thinking they want to render posts or articles from the boards to the front page and be setup side by side something like this..... But they only have 1 post so they need more posts to do so! please see screen below, I'm sure Zar and all you guys know how to do this!

If I'm reading this right!! LOL

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

Maxx1

from the TinyPortal link from the main_menu > click on FrontPage "Icon" >
then see screen shots of options..., if you need more help please let us know

there are many options here and one of my main reasons that I love TP!

don't forget to save setting, you can toy with this until you get what you like!

But you need more posts and articles to make this work!

Screens in order of setup!

regards,
Maxx

lurkalot

Quote from: Maxx1 on April 06, 2014, 02:57:34 PM

I'm sure Zar and all you guys know how to do this!

Blimey Maxx, after all this time, I would seriously hope so.  :o

You're probably right about the OP's question though, I was looking at it from a deeper perspective, as in wanting something custom rather than what's available out of the box, so to speak.

Maxx1

Sorry if this came out or sounded the wrong way!, :) and I am very sure you Guys Know! ...that's what I meant. and I hope I understood the support request?

regards,
Maxx

Theopt

Sorry about the delay, what I need is a custom layout because this one will show all articles with this layout. I want the articles to show in columns but withing each category.

This is a better way to explain:

http://i.imgur.com/iYuk54d.png

IchBin

You can't assign a category for articles to a column on the front page. You can certain limit which categories you want to display on the front page, but they will be automatically put into columns based on the order you specify (like date etc.) but not by category.