TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:49:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70

Querystring.php disappearing

Started by darkangel, April 06, 2014, 07:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

Angel... you should have a copy of the settings.php or the settings.php backup, If have the older one it will have all your MySql, Log in info on it, then if you upgrade there should be no issues with that, but if you do a fresh install you get the data base backup by using the older or backup copy of the settings.php. ( this will direct you to the original DB). But you'll need to reinstall stuff though! ( mods , themes ) . But important stuff will come back.

You know just and FYI for your customers or members, that there are a few good host, that are very cheap, and you have daily back up and restore points and some are free, do you can go back and restore from a previous day. Bluehost ( 4 sure ) and hostgator ( need to check), auto install scripts and stuff. But if they using something free, can't blame them , but the downsides are there lol!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

darkangel

That was the really strange thing...when she had to change the pass to phpmyadmin area it also messed up the settings file. the stie totally left and would not return until I added the new pass to them.

Almost like the db admin area is connected to the settings.php file. we know now for next time she may have to change the pass

must be a host thing

found out she did not install the forum by manually uploading files, she used their installer at the host  :( then updated the same way I suppose so some things were messed up.

I reuploaded files fresh from the installer zip to make sure all were up to date to get rid of the message

1. database was 2.0.7 but there were still files for 2.0.6 in there
2. missing file issues

That was the only way to do ANY of the mods installed...sheesh

Today I called the host cause I can't even get ftp to work at all to find out that yes...they are aware of an ftp problem and the higher ups are working on it now and should be working by tonight.

Yes that is probably why files went missing they said and some miss permissioned like that one.

I have high hopes that this will make it so cause unlike other c-panels where you can go to file manager and actually edit a file there---theirs does not

Closer to Septeber when she is due to pay again I will try to get her to move to hostgator....that is our home now too and yup they are very good as is hostdime and bluehost

verdict is still out on cirtex...LOL
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes