TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:41:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 222
  • Total: 222

Server Query

Started by HaxXxoR, April 16, 2006, 01:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaxXxoR

I run a gaming community and a long time ago when i used nuke i found a program called SQuery. It is used to query gaming servers and tell various stats on that server. It also has a diff place that when you click on it it tells you very much in detail about that server as well. How many people, weapons, map, ping, score blah blah.

You can get it from here;
http://www.squery.com

Is there a way to port or use that in SMF??

*********Edit

I did get it to work as a stand alone. Wasnt hard. :P It does come with 2 Blocks that i would like to get working, but dont know how to display them on the front page. I tried the include ("Path to file"); command and that didnt work either. This is a PHPNuke module and block. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

IchBin

I've played with Squery a few times. I'm not sure which version I have right now. But I did get the block_SQuery_tiny.php to work on my site. I think that was one of the nuke blocks. Check it out here. http://www.tmrules.com/squery/blocks/block-SQuery_tiny.php

If you'd like I'll see if I can't dig up what I did for it to work and post it here?

HaxXxoR

I actually got the full thing up and running here;

http://tasty-fragism.com/forum/SQuery/index.php

But i want to get the blocks working on the front page if you could do that one???

IchBin

This is the only one I got working. I haven't had time to look at the other one.
Take a look at this file and edit the paths where you can see, for stuff like libs.

Let me know if you need any help.

HaxXxoR

can you actually put that into a php-block for tp so that it shows on the front page?

also since i have the stand alone working is there anyway to get it to work with the theme so that you can still see the blocks on the side instead of it being by it self??

IchBin

Yes you can. I'm not sure what settings you have to change for the tiny one to work. But to make them appear in a block I just create a phpbox. Then add the include code like so:

include('path/to/file.php');

HaxXxoR

What all did you do to make the tiny one work???

Also do you think there is a way to make the squery fit into the tportal so that people can still see stuff on the site?

IchBin

Take a look at the file I attached. You can see the lines I commented out to make it work. Then I in the config.php you need to set it to display as standalone.

HaxXxoR

ok well i tried using that file and making a block out of it and it wont work. All i get is an empty block. Got any ideas?

IchBin

Did you change the paths? Did you change the info in the config.php file? What kind of block did you use? How did you put it in a block? I need as much info as you can give me if you want me to help you...