TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 163
  • Total: 163

After server move, TP-downloads 0bytes

Started by WillyP, June 24, 2017, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillyP

Link to my site: http://planetdescent.net
SMF version: 2.0.13
TP version: 1.2
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: PDdark
Browser Name and Version: Firefox 54.0 (32 bit)
Mods installed:
BBC Spoiler
Stop Spammer
reCAPTCHA for SMF
SA Facebook
Ultimate Profile
Aeva Media
httpBL
Bad Behavior mod

Related Error messages: none

Files in the TP-downloads section worked fine before server move. Site appears to be working as before except when downloading a file, the file shows '0bytes' and in fact is an empty .zip. Viewing the file through c-panel file manager shows that the file is not empty, and downloading through c-panel confirms the file is intact on the server.

lurkalot

Strange one.  We moved all the sites including this one to a new host little over three weeks ago, and all seems fine with our downloads as far as I'm aware.

I'm assuming all your paths are correct.

WillyP

I have double checked all the paths, unless there is one I missed, they are all correct. And, if the path to the file was incorrect, wouldn't it say file not found or somesuch?

I am going back and forth from the old server to see if there is a difference maybe an htacces file or something got missed or... something.

lurkalot

Quote from: WillyP on June 24, 2017, 08:04:55 PM
I have double checked all the paths, unless there is one I missed, they are all correct. And, if the path to the file was incorrect, wouldn't it say file not found or somesuch?

I am going back and forth from the old server to see if there is a difference maybe an htacces file or something got missed or... something.

Very true.  I tried downloading one from your site, same as you, it downloaded ok, but said it was a unknown format or corrupted when I tried to unzip it.

You say the files are ok on the server, have you grabbed one and checked the contents, are they ok.

WillyP

Yes, I have downloaded the same files via c-panel's file manager, and opened them and even used the files, just to be sure.

I have not downloaded any corrupt or unknown format... only empty zips.

Can you tell me which file(s) were corrupted or unknown?

(Edit, just tried one that was a pdf, not in a zip, and the reader gave me the corrupted message.)

lurkalot

Quote from: WillyP on June 24, 2017, 11:00:41 PM

Can you tell me which file(s) were corrupted or unknown?

The one I tried was http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item213

Gives me this message when I try to extract it.

MidRadio_Player.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

lurkalot

How did you move the files over to the new server?  Andd have you tried uploading a test file to see if that downloads ok

WillyP

I moved the files by downloading through c-panel files manager. Then uploading through c-panel file manager on the new host. I'll try uploading a test file tomorrow.