TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 178
  • Total: 178

Add WoW Realm Status on Frontpage

Started by Puchu, March 29, 2006, 07:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puchu

http://53x11.com/?articleno=10

That site has a zip file to add to a website to show realm status...

I'm too much of a n00b to get it to work :-/

I want to know how to make that work on my frontpage and either on a side bar or top bar.

Also possible to make it show multiple realms...

All help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Xarcell

It seems pretty easy with excellent instructions. Hoiwever you need GD library, which is a type of image converter if I'm not mistaken. Ask your host provider.

I'm moving this to block code snippets. Excellent find...

Xarcell

I need more details on where your having your problem in order to help you. I can't explain how to do it any better than what the readme does. If I knew about which part your having trouble with, I give examples of what you would need.

Puchu

I tried to do it liek I saw some people who were German do it on the SMF website...  But since I cant speak German im not sure what exactly they are discussing... They had it show up on their index.template I more or less would liek to make a small block on the right or left showing it there.  I have made a few blocks, asrticles, ect before, but none of which envolved anything like this.

I've played a round a bit and I Got the box to show, and I got an image to show...

The GD thing I will have to look into more when i find the time tonightm and I will then go and try again and then come back here once I get my information...

http://ironwolves-guild.net/forum/index.php  that is the site the has the realm status on it.  I want mine in a block on the left or right next to the forum... or just on the frontpage, I figure there won't be much difference between left right and frontpage...

Puchu

Okay did some digging around, my server has php 4.4.1  according to teh GD site, GD jsut needs to be activated, its already installed, I have no idea how to do anything with php especially like this...

So basically my problem atm seems to be more or less actually gettign GD to install, or get activated...

I also have
Apache version    1.3.34 (Unix)
PERL version    5.8.7

I right now just have no idea what files need modified or if I need to contact people to get it setup...

am I going to have to call my web hosting company to simply install such a thing???  I have Fantastico, and can manage alot of things...

Xarcell

Open a phpblock

Insert: include("wowserverstatus.php");

That's all I believe, if you did your settings right.

Xarcell

The readme tells you "exactly" which files to modify and how. Just read it throughly, slowly...

You can install it yourself in about 5 minutes...

Puchu

Got this error when putting the include("wowserverstatus.php") in a php block

2: file_get_contents(images/wowss/wowss_data.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/puchusof/public_html/ridersofsombak/forums/wowserverstatus.php
Line: 76

I have the file in that directory...  it has 777 permissions...  I made sure the .tff files were in binary...

line 76

$info = explode(",", file_get_contents($timestamp));

Its with this grouping

// Check timestamp, update when ready
if (substr($folder_path, -1, 1) != '/') $folder_path = '$folder_path/';
$timestamp = $folder_path . 'wowss_data.txt';
$min = date(i)*1;
$info = explode(",", file_get_contents($timestamp));
if (filesize($timestamp) == 0) { $pass = true; }
if ($min >= ($info[0]+$timer) or $min < $info[0] or $realm or $pass) {

Thanks for the help so far...

Hawkes

I got it up and running on my site tonight.  I had to CHMOD the entire wowss folder and I could only use the img tags... not the php block.

blackrose

If you unpack the zip file there is no image folder...search for it in the php file and alter the settings, or make an image folder and move images in there..I was just lazy and changed the file :P

up n running in less then a minute and im a php noob, not even able to make a simple "hello" script ;) Read again, you will make it :D