TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 108
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62

The Internet is an Incredile Place

Started by zarprime, May 17, 2010, 12:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

If you haven't heard of this 12 year old kid by the name of Greyson Chance, I can't imagine what rock you may have been hiding under for the last 4 or 5 days.  Last Tuesday, the  YouTube Video of him playing and singing Lady Gaga's Paparazzi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDlC7YV5is) had probably only gotten something like 70,000 or so hits in a week or so, if that, which is pretty good.  That night, or maybe it was Wednesday Night, his video got a mention on ABC Network News (and maybe others) here in the states and by Thursday he was in LA for a guest appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show (though I'm not sure if that show was taped that day or on Wednesday).  By the time he made his appearance on Ellen, his video had over 11 million hits.  In case you missed his appearance on Ellen, here's the video of that --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHXo7aCnjM4 (7:56)

Here's a slightly longer version of the Ellen Show appearance (10:14) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXih9rkqSxw&feature=related

His performance on the Ellen Show was much better than his video because Ellen had a Grand Piano for him to play on whereas his video was done on an old church vertical upright piano which was kind of out of tune.  The kid is actually not a great singer IMHO but, given that he's only had 3 years of piano lessons and no voice lessons, he's pretty good.  He must be going through puberty or something because he seems to have some trouble hitting the high notes but once they get him some voice lessons so that he can learn to control his voice a little better, the kid is going to be pretty good.  Everyone on the internet is calling him the next Justin Bieber.  About 8 hours ago, I looked at his video for the first time on YouTube and he had about 14.5 million hits.  I just now checked it again and he's now over 15 million hits, all this since about Tuesday of this week (5 days ago) when he had under 100,000 hits.  The kid is a Mega-Superstar already and already a Marketing Giant.  I would say that the success of his video going viral could probably be attributed to his cuteness.  I guess it remains to be seen how long it will last or where he will go from here.  I read an article earlier today on the net that said he's already been signed to a record deal within the last 48 hours.  How would you like to run a fansite for someone like this or, better yet, how great would it be to be this kid's agent?

ZarPrime

WillyP

I think my head would explode if one of my sites got 15million hits in a week.  :D

When I was that age, there was no internet, you had to hope for some talent scout in the audience and that was a pipe dream.  ;) Back then the Media Giants had tight control over this sorta thing... Now, anyone can get their talent, or lack thereof, ;) out there for everybody in the world to see.

ed_m2

i am very pleased to say... i have no idea what this is all about :)

IchBin

Kid has a pretty good voice. We'll see how long he can continue to hit those high notes before he hits puberty. lol