TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 211
  • Total: 212
  • illori

Ready for TP 1.1 yet?

Started by IchBin, February 16, 2014, 08:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Here's a short list of small changes I've made to TinyPortal in the upcoming 1.1 release. You are free to download the updates from github. However, just know that you should not run this software on a live production site, unless you really know what you are doing, and can deal with bugs in software. I'm sure we'll miss something.

General Updates:

• General code clean-up as I felt motivated lol
  • Removed SMF1.x support - SMF 1 will soon be end of lifed (EOL'd) if it hasn't already.
  • Added read more link for forum posts as articles on front page.
  • Changed error logging when losers try to hit non-existing articles.
  • Adding guest permission for comments
  • Updating social icons for sharing article
  • A little bit of caching added. Should reduce some queries.
  • Using more hooks for less file edits to install.

Shoutbox updates:

• Added ajax to shout/delete without page refresh.
  • Added timer to ajax update shouts for time specified.
  • Added permission to shout in shoutbox.
  • Added option to allow/disallow links in shoutbox.
  • Shout smiley's should now pull from SMF smiley's.
  • Option to submit shout when pressing enter key.
  • Option to choose between 2 layouts.

bloc

All good changes it seems. :) Great work, Brad + team.

I haven't followed it so closely lately, but is the feedback generally? Does it seem a lot of users are still using TP?

sangham.net

Mudita! Great to see your great deeds.
Truly! So strive to be one of them. Or like to get a random Sutta?

If you like to get involved in helping developing an "Virtual monastery" to make the internet a little more accessible for Monks, Nuns and Ascetics, please feel heartily invited to join our bilingual community at sangham.net

Maxx1

Thanks for all the hard work, Brad & Team and Bloc  ( for creating it)  and I will give it a try, but I don't feel there will be any issues..
I think many are still interested in TP, as I am, nothing like it for me anyway :) of the top 2, I still like it best!
I use it proudly!

Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

IchBin

Well this site certainly has died down over the last couple of years. But I'm still seeing users out there asking questions between here and SMF. I mostly just want to keep it compatible with the SMF 2.0.x until it's just too much work for me. Don't really want to make major changes at the moment. Mostly thinking about doing my own stuff if anything else happens.

Nolt

Site maybe is dying but not TP. TP just works! and this is the most important thing. I'll have troubles and lot of work when I will need to switch to SMF 2.1 without TP (this time is comming sad but true :( and I hope we will figure out how TP could work with SMF 2.1).

bloc

Quote from: IchBin™ on February 18, 2014, 04:00:20 PM
Well this site certainly has died down over the last couple of years. But I'm still seeing users out there asking questions between here and SMF. I mostly just want to keep it compatible with the SMF 2.0.x until it's just too much work for me. Don't really want to make major changes at the moment. Mostly thinking about doing my own stuff if anything else happens.
Ok. Out of curiosity, what are you working on these days?

Quote from: Nolt on February 18, 2014, 04:24:51 PM
Site maybe is dying but not TP. TP just works! and this is the most important thing. I'll have troubles and lot of work when I will need to switch to SMF 2.1 without TP (this time is comming sad but true :( and I hope we will figure out how TP could work with SMF 2.1).
I see the need to keep TP stable and make it work across SMF versions, especially for SMF 2.1. If it were to be taken to next level though..what would that be?

Maxx1

QuoteI see the need to keep TP stable and make it work across SMF versions, especially for SMF 2.1. If it were to be taken to next level though..what would that be?

Bloc, Thanks for that and it's  good to know although, I test many things out, I still think SMF is tops, of all I have tested, TP the same, so good to know! And I still like your work and themes!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

IchBin

Quote from: bloc on February 18, 2014, 04:27:11 PM
Quote from: IchBin™ on February 18, 2014, 04:00:20 PM
Ok. Out of curiosity, what are you working on these days?

On my free time I haven't been working on anything else really.  At work I've been playing with angularjs, which is freakishly awesome. I've thought about doing a stand alone portal that could integrate with other systems. But really that has been done to death. lol It would be more for my learning PHP better than anything else.

I'm not sure though. Taking on such a big project as you know is a ton of work. I'd love to see TP live on. But really I don't see that happening without a significant rewrite to bring things up to par with most other coding projects.