TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:36:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 78
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 139
  • Total: 139

Big Storm Coming

Started by WillyP, August 28, 2011, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillyP

It's getting windy, hurricane Irene approaching, probably going to lose power for a few days or a few weeks.

lurkalot

WillyP, hope you guys keep safe and well during this storm.  It must be a nighmare time for you all.

WillyP

Thanks for the thought!

The storm pretty much fizzled out before it got here. Some trees down. Lights flickered a bit. Lots of towns in NH experienced flooding. Big disappointment, in a way, but really, we lucked out.

lurkalot

That's good news.  O0 You didn't really want to feel the full thing, going by what I've seen on TV.. :o 

Not sure how many of you guys are that side of the pond.  What about Brad, hope he's ok. Haven't seen him about much the last couple of days.

IchBin

I'm all the way across on the other side of the US in Utah. No floods here. :) Did have some pretty good rain last night. Our only worry here is when we have an earth quake. Our state sits right on top of a big fault line, so it's only a matter of time before we have an earth quake.

Good to hear you guys are ok. Sounds like the Storm could have been much worse than it was.

Skhilled

There was a lot of rain and very high winds along with some flooding, downed trees/power lines, etc. but nothing serious.

WillyP

Quote from: lurkalot on August 29, 2011, 08:54:49 AMThat's good news.  O0 You didn't really want to feel the full thing, going by what I've seen on TV.. :o

No, I am glad it fizzled, but after a few days of watching the news and being told stuff like 'biggest storm in our lifetime' and 115 MPH winds' it was, shall we say, anticlimactic?

Shadow

Quote from: WillyP on August 28, 2011, 03:42:10 PM
It's getting windy, hurricane Irene approaching, probably going to lose power for a few days or a few weeks.

Do you live in FL around there?

Skhilled

Quote from: WillyP on August 29, 2011, 06:20:43 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on August 29, 2011, 08:54:49 AMThat's good news.  O0 You didn't really want to feel the full thing, going by what I've seen on TV.. :o

No, I am glad it fizzled, but after a few days of watching the news and being told stuff like 'biggest storm in our lifetime' and 115 MPH winds' it was, shall we say, anticlimactic?

Yeah, there were talking about that on the news. I knew some of the most coastal area might get hit pretty good but not further inland like they were saying.

WillyP

Quote from: Shadow on August 30, 2011, 06:36:57 AM
Quote from: WillyP on August 28, 2011, 03:42:10 PM

Do you live in FL around there?

No I live in NH, around here. And sorry, didn't mean to edit your post, hit the wrong button and didn't realize until I posted.