TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 304
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 301
  • Total: 301

CripZone

Started by Maxx1, August 10, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

This is remake of one of Jeff's theme's I did a lttle bit before He  left Us for a better place!

http://www.buildandtell.com/index.php?action=forum;theme=20

I know it's bit heavy but, just want you all to see, one of things I was working for him!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

Ken.

Nice looking theme Maxx.  O0
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Maxx1

Thanks Ken!

Nice to know someone likes what I try to do!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I agree, looks like a summer or fall theme.

Maxx1

I have several Of my themes that will look over and tweak and place at Crip's site, but I would also like to remake some, of his stuff to keep it alive, or at least his template and my styling and tweaking.

Maybe many don't Care But some of us do, it's looks like so, I shall proceed, I'm finishing up one of mine to place over there!

I think I may stop posting here, for lack of interest! and What ever some may feel about me, I don't care, but I care about those who do for others!

thanks and regards,
maxx

william777

Nice work Maxx. Keep it up!

G6Cad

Quote from: Maxx1 on August 28, 2014, 05:36:51 PM

I think I may stop posting here, for lack of interest! and What ever some may feel about me, I don't care, but I care about those who do for others!

thanks and regards,
maxx

Why do you always turn to this?
You make a post, you ask a question, and when we write and give you our point of views, you get upset and place a threat where you say you will stop posting, stop writing etc.
Not the first time you do this, you even erased your own profile at some point.
If you cant take the answers and thoughts we have on your questions about themes, tp, crips site or what ever, why even aks us from the start?

We all liked Crip, and definatly his workwith themes, but you know what? Crips not here with us anymore, also, when he was, he didnt ask any of us for any help with his themes, he asked you to help him.
Offcourse we can help with what ever we can, but we do not want to take all the time we have on our hands to work on old themes, when we want to take that little time to go forward.
As I said before, let the past be just that, the past, and try to look forward instead.
To me, the best way to honour Crip is to keep TP live, wake it up again with new ideas and keep it online, get back to new grounds and new times with new interested TP people.
Crip called TP his home for a long time, cant we just keep this home running with a new spark and that way, still have the home Crip loved?

No dissrespect towards you or your work Maxx, but it is really not fun to start something new with grumpy attitude that will only lead to negative energy.

Just my 2 cents

Maxx1

Too Bad you have no clue here, not all, but many say they liked Crip and, yet only a very few do anything to help and thanks for all Your's, I got upset before because some wanted me to support Bloc's themes, and no one want to move on with that except me and I'm still offering it, You see the difference is some talk the talk, but I do the things I talk about, if I'm able to.And these things I am able. so I do them and If no one wants to help out , then , I'll need to do it on my own, as always. There are only a very few here that really care and did offer help, and those few have, the rest are silent. There are also a few who would if they could!
For example, I have a few thousand page views that may have directed , my viewer's ( on one site , I have several) to Blocs site, it may he does not know this, but I do stuff not just, trying to out talk another! I have posts and links to TP site all over also, what do you have? some I've taken down to redo them, when I get chance, now I making themes to give away at Crip's site, That's right, Crip's site!! TP is not his Home, I know is home and those that lived there and still live there, and his site was his home away from home, if you knew what we,ve been through together!

I speak my mine , I have donated to this site in past and to every other sites that does for others, in the SMF, Bloc's as well... I know I have a typing problem and spelling as well, but I do know what I'm doing and I do it, the main reason I did not release many themes I have done is, because of my respect for Jeff and I was and still am running his site, ( and if you only imagine, what kind of respect, I had for him you'd understand!.. I always offered him help, and gave it to him, on the web / his site / TP / themes and in real life.
You see I do not like to just talk , I'm a doer, and I think you do not understand one bit where I'm coming from, or what I am capable of doing or accomplishing!

I've done things for TP and No one except maybe Jim, cares about.

You see my world there people that are good at somethings, but no one is good at everything, and some are just good at talking and talking seems to be taking over the SMF community and nothing is getting done.
I was using, learning on my own, as well as, doing many things on the web way before most of you and certainly before SMF was anything to be considered!

With that said, I'm all for moving forward, don't have time to talk about it much. And I never ever helped anyone for money, I'm the opposite I give! So go only talking your talk and I keep on doing, No matter what you say or think!
You see I do more things for this SMF community than most any of you and don't time to waste!

I even asked for some just to drop by, but no way!

I'm learning new stuff everyday and the community only talks.. No blaming TP, it starts another place :)

Thanks Scrubmiester, JIM, Doc for offering, and Ken!

regards,
Maxx

bloc

I wondered when that would come up...you used this argument before, maxx and its still not acceptable. Whatever way you have supported this or other sites with donations in the past, its DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE IN FOREVER YOUR DEBT. Gifts are not a gifts anymore if you going to use it like that. And if you want to talk money, how about the time and money spent on building up TP and this site, having the servers running(which several of us have done in the past) being on the site every day for several years to answer questions(and several still do), finding the time to create new things, finding bugs... see, what YOU describe is not THAT unique, so don't dare to belittle what people here have done.

I suggest - if this is so important for you - that you figure out what you want to do with Jeff's themes, and stick to that. Forcing others to share the same passion will not work, and neither does offering support when its not asked for. Perosnally I don't need support for supports sake with my themes - if anyting I want people to support them if they LIKE to do it, not because they feel obliged to do so. I want sincerity, not false enthusiasm.

And like Carina says..why don't you start making your own themes, offer them free or paid or whatever you like, and stop supporting other peoples themes? Jeff left a legacy...but he too broke away to create his own style over the years. I bet he sometimes wasn't so happy for people's reactions to them(the bad critics naturally) but the PASSION for creation kept him at it.  That passion is a bit fragile - too many people that want something and it can go away.

Lucky for all SMF users his passion didn't. His burnt a lot hotter that my own did or does for that matter..but I recognise the will to pick it up again even if you feel the whole world is going against it.

Maxx1

Bloc, I always supported you and respected the Fine Work you did and still do, never ever gave up on you no matter what ups or down you went through, Jim as well, for some time, and all the work and time we spend, on helping out with your site's stuff, what do you do? You washed us all down drain, along with the users, We helped and  the paid members you had with your tantrums or what ever!

You should be the last person I'd expect to criticize me, over only the few words you don't like, out of all what I have said and done. You do not respect anyone except yourself! Must be lonely up there!.... oh! but you'll find company, with some of the others that think they are above everyone!

We spent many man hours helping, you. I never said that anyone has to do anything they don't want to do, this first time I bought up money here and looks like talkers can not take time read they just, find one or 2 things in what's said and quote this as the whole meaning of the post.

This another reason for falling behind for everyone!

And what do you know about keeping a site afloat. And it, hurts me to talk about you because of all times, I backed you all over all of  the community, and forgave you for the way you treated me and others as well.

OBTW.... you or no one here has the right to talk about Jeff, except for a very few.

Sorry I mentioned money! My post reply was not about money! and believe me, I know where it goes and what its for! I can always forgive the past, but if I forget then, I have learned a thing!

This topic was not about You at all, but you asked for it !

Was not trying force, just stating the facts!

Say what you may and hear what you want to hear, and keep on missing the point of ever conversation, like has been done for too long in the SMF community. and I shall continue to assist ! 

regards,
Maxx